miércoles, 25 de abril de 2012

My girl

A novel by Patricia Hermes based on the motion picture written by Laurice Elehwany


"When your Dad's an undertaker,
your Mom's in heaven, 
and your Grandma's got a screw loose...
it's good to have a friend who understands you.
Even if he is a boy".







"I was born jaundiced. Once, I sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop and caught haemorrhoids. And I've learned to live with this chicken bone that's been lodged in my throat for the past three years. So, I knew my Dad would be devastated when he learned of my latest affliction".

This book is from one of my favorite movies. I really enjoyed watching the movie, so the book is pretty good too! 
I want to share some stuff of this movie and book :)
Personally I get very nostalgic whit this lovely story, and I love it! 


"I sorround myself with people I find intellectually stimulating".

-What do you think i'ts like?
-What?
-Heaven.

-I'm going to marry Mr. Bixler.
-You can't marry a teacher! It's against the law.
-Is not.
-Is, too. There's some rule. Besides, suposse you did? He'd have to give you all A's, and it wouldn't be fair.

- Vada!
-What?
-Would you think of me?
-For what?
-If you don't get to marry Mr. Bixler
-I guess.


Weeping willow with your tears running down,
why do you always weep and frown? 
Is it because he left you one day?
Is it because he could not stay?
On your branches he would swing. 
Do you long for the happiness that day would bring?
He found shelter in your shade.
You thought his laughter would never fade.
Weeping willow, stop your tears,
for there is something to calm your fears.
You think death has ripped you forever apart,
but I know he’ll always be in your heart.













No hay comentarios: